Plan Your Visit
The Patient Relations department at Medithics ensure that you not only feel at home, but also go back to your home in good health.
The following steps would help you to visit us in a smooth fashion and enable you to have a happy and safe healing experience.
Know Us Better
Through this website we have tried to provide you complete information about our clinic, doctors and range of services. We’ve also strived to answer your doubts and queries about why you should choose Medithics as your medical care partner.
Refer our Doctors’ profile
Medithics Clinic with its highly qualified doctors ensures that you are provided with the best possible treatment and care. Our website offers you their profiles. You can mail us at email@example.com with your query, soft copy of your reports. for an appointment and your travel plan.
48 hour response time
Medithics Clinic aim is to respond to your query within 48 hours. Depending on the nature of the medical help required, the response could include advice on medical procedure along with a quote or if the concerned doctor feels that he/she needs to know more or view recent reports, we will communicate to you accordingly.
If you are traveling abroad for medical reasons for the first time, here are certain points to help you plan your journey better.
- Ask your doctor if you are fit to travel overseas with your medical condition.
- Once you decide to continue your treatment abroad, keep your local doctor informed so that you can continue your follow up treatment without a hitch.
- When selecting the international health care provider that’s right for your needs, you should consider the hospital’s accreditation, facility and equipment, etc.
- Check the credentials and experience of the doctor who will treat you.
- Find out about the procedure and compare your expectations with what’s achievable by the surgery. Also enquire about follow-up care needed, time required for recovery, physical therapy, etc.
- Please note that in most cases the final decisions on your treatment will be made only after the doctor meets you and examines you in person. It is possible that your doctor, upon examining you, may decide you are not fit for surgery, or recommends treatment different from what you planned.
- Certain documents must always be with you. Ensure that you carry multiple copies of the same and keep the originals in a safe place when abroad.
- Records like X-Rays, MRI’s, health histories, photographs, immunization records, prescriptions, and any other health records relevant to the surgery. Remember to carry all these medical reports and any medicines in your carry-on luggage.
- Passport and visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any). Depending upon the country you are traveling from, you may or may not need a visa.
- Credit cards, debit cards and travelers cheques: Bring some local currency, travelers cheques and one or two major credit cards and debit cards.
- Carry your driver’s license or any valid proof of identity and make sure it will remain valid while you’re traveling.
Your stay in India
The international patients’ service department of Medithics Clinic could assist you in organizing your stay in reputed five star or three star hotels or comfortable guest rooms prior and post your treatment if required – according to your budget.
Points to be noted while you are at Medithics Clinic:
Registration: You are required to produce your passport at the registration counter to get registered at our clinic. The hospital will maintain a copy of your passport (Photo page and visa page) in your hospital record. This is mandatory and is based on the directives from the Government of India
Visa: If you are travelling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigners Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. The prescribed format for the same is available at the International Patients Service Desk. Patients from Pakistan and Bangladesh are required to register their arrival within 24 hours with the nearest Police Station/Commissioner’s Office. Please refer to our Visa/Transit document for instructions.